Recognising one of the most-honoured performers of all time, A Celebration of Dolly Parton: The Activity Book is 2021’s follow-up to A Celebration of David Attenborough: The Activity Book and The Unofficial Michelle Obama Activity Book.
Spanning Dolly’s long and illustrious career, TheActivity Book includes:
- Illustrations and graphics to colour-in dedicated to Dolly’s Greatest Hits
- Anagrams of our favourite Dolly songs
- A solution for when the daily 9 to 5 grind is transported to the working-from-home environment
- A tour of Dollywood: try to spot Dolly among the throngs of visitors and maze your way around to reunite her with her missing guitar
- Inspirational word clouds, quizzes, puzzles, games, drawings, facts, emotional rollercoaster graphs and much, much more
Not just a musician, Dolly has used her vast fame and fortune for good: setting up The Dollywood Foundation, the My People Fund and, perhaps most famously, The Imagination Library which provides free books to children throughout their childhood. Dolly the Philanthropist sections are interspersed throughout the activities – providing information on her charitable endeavours, such as her recent contribution to the funding for research into the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
But what do we really know about the woman behind the chart-toppers, successful enterprises and charitable foundations? Dolly’s Wit & Wisdom punctuates the book, offering an insight into ‘the living legend’ – what makes her so likeable, why she is considered a queer icon, as well as valuable life advice on love, fashion and femininity to ensure you’re as successful as ‘Saint Dolly’ herself.
Nathan Joyce is a freelance editor and writer. He is the author of A History of Insults (Dog 'n' Bone) and I Claudio (Blink), a compilation of Claudio Ranieri's greatest quotes, and a contributor to the Comedy Wildlife Photographer of the Year (Blink).