John Lohman, Rhys Turton
From van Gogh to Klimt to Munch, the projects and artists found in Cross Stitch Creations: Fine Art represent a wide range of art movements in the painting world as a whole.
This kit includes a 64-page instruction book that leads you through 12 patterns accompanied by facts about the fine art they reproduce plus the following materials to make a composition by Piet Mondrian and the Mona Lisa: a bamboo embroidery hoop, two pieces of cross stitch fabric, two cross stitch needles, and twelve skeins of embroidery floss.
The patterns in Cross Stitch Creations: Fine Art are:
- Composition with Large Red Plane, Yellow, Black, Gray, and Blue by Piet Mondrian
- The Swan (No. 16) by Hilma af Klint
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci
- Color Study, Squares with Concentric Circles by Wassily Kandinsky
- Curtain, Jug, and Fruit by Paul Cézanne
- Sunflowers (Fourth Version) by Vincent van Gogh
- Flowers in a Rococo Vase by Paul Cézanne
- The Scream of Nature by Edvard Munch
- The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh
- The Creation of Adam by Michelangelo
- The Tree of Life by Gustav Klimt
- The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai
John Lohman is the founder of SpriteStitch.com. He has three published craft books: Star Trek Cross Stitch, Disney Classic Cross Stitch, and Hello Kitty Cross Stitch. He has contributed to World of Geekcraft and Nintendo Power magazine, as well as to popular websites such as Craftzine.com and MrXStitch.com. John is an avid crafter, retro video game junkie, and high school teacher. He lives in southern Oregon.
Rhys Turton (Lord Libidan) is a data analyst based in Berkshire, England, who creates cross-stitch patterns inspired by video games, movies, TV, and pop culture. He is a regular contributor to MrXStitch.com and SpriteStitch.com and his patterns appear in Star Trek Cross Stitch, Disney Classic Cross Stitch, and Hello Kitty Cross Stitch. He frequently participates in UK-based conventions and exhibitions, and his writing has been featured in many cross-stitch magazines.