The cutting-edge designs from the most sought-after and acclaimed contemporary tattoo artists from around the world cover all types of fandom. Among the topics:
- Fine art: Gustav Klimt, Michelangelo, Dali, and Van Gogh
- Films: Star Wars, Batman, Back to the Future, Metropolis, The Wizard of Oz, The Gremlins, My Neigbor Totoro, Pulp Fiction
- Literature: Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, The Little Prince, Life of Pi
- Television: Twin Peaks, Game of Thrones, The Simpsons, Family Guy, X-Files
- Mathematics and geometry, including a Fibonacci vortex and intricate mandalas
- Animals, both realistic and abstract
Geek Ink incorporates commentary from creators of the Inkstinct project—which connects people with the finest tattoo art from 380,000 studios worldwide and has an Instagram fan base of more than 1 million—as well as interviews with world-renowned masters like Balazs Bercsenyi, David Cote, and Thomas Eckeard.
Embrace your weird with this definitive source for tattoo inspiration and appreciation.
Inkstinct is the first project that offers tattoo enthusiasts a comprehensive database of the best contemporary tattoo designs from the world’s best artists, as well as useful information on tattoo care, favorite studios, curiosities, and trends. Starting with a large collection of studios in 2014, they developed an algorithm to create the only app that represents the most important worldwide collection of tattoo studios, images, and works. In just one year they created a database with more than 380,000 studios, each of which are synced directly with Facebook. In 2016 they allowed single artists to connect within their Instagram page and introduced the very first tattoo social network where users could upload their tattoos, find the best artist or studio in every city in the world, and experience tattoos as pure forms of art. Inkstinct’s main Instagram page now has more than 650,000 followers, including artists and fans from all over the globe.