Discover 380 adorable dog-themed stitch motifs in I Love My Dog Embroidery, along wtih step-by-step techniques, templates, and project ideas for capturing your favorite pooch.
Created by embroidery artist MakikoArt and six other amazing embroidery artists, this fanciful collection of stitch motifs celebrates all things canine, with a wide variety of breeds represented.
With this lovely embroidery guide, you can create all manner of pups in embroidery and cross stitch, including:
- Dogs in costumes to celebrate holidays throughout the year: Halloween, Easter, and Christmas.
- Sporty pups skateboarding, parachuting, and ice skating, and dogs who are getting stuff done, like fetching the newspaper, carrying groceries, and holding a bone.
- Dogs doing what they do best—classic poses, postures, and tricks—including “roll over,” “give me your paw,” and the ever-popular “rub my tummy”
- Pooches disguised as people—the farmer, the artist, the businessman—and the sneaky but lovable mailman!
- Mutts stitched with unique accents, such as borders, frames, and alphabets
You’ll also find guidance on how to customize a motif to fit your favorite Fido, plus a gallery of project ideas for showcasing your stitches. Grab a needle and some floss and transform your home and wardrobe from drab to double-dog fabulous!
I Love My Dog Embroidery includes designs contributed by Chloe Redfern of Chloe Redfern Embroidery, Mia Alexi of How Could You? Clothing, Valentina Castillo Mora of Insanitynice, Miho Starling of mipomipo handmade, Anja Lehmann of Solipandi, and Elizabeth Dabczynski of Stitch People.
Oksana Kokovkina—better known to her fans as MakikoArt—is a textile artist and jewelry designer noted for her naive and whimsical animal embroidery motifs, especially her hand-stitched custom pet portrait brooches. Born in St. Petersburg, she currently lives in Vienna, Austria.