Knitting 101 will teach you to knit through engaging projects, beginning with easy designs for early success and moving on to progressively more difficult patterns as you master the techniques. New skills are explored in depth as they are introduced.
The most comprehensive beginner’s book available, Knitting 101 begins with an introductory section covering all the basics of knitting: selecting yarn, needle types and sizes, other tools and accessories, knitting gauge, casting on, forming stitches, and reading patterns. Then move on to the projects that explore:
- Basic Knitting (Garter Stitch Scarf, Loosely Knit Scarf, Scarf Knit with Two Yarns)
- Texture (Baby Blocks Blanket, Seed Stitch Table Runner, Cabled Smart Phone Case)
- Shaping (Felted Fir Tree, Leaf Edge Shawl)
- Knitting in the Round (Felted Bag with Embellished Flap, Easy Knit Hat, Golf Club Covers)
- Color (Striped Cotton Bathroom Rug, Slip Stitch Shawl, Color Blend Scarf, Color Block Hat)
- Lace (Lace Scarf with Beaded Edge, Lace Curtain Panels)
- Putting It Together (Directional Blocks Scarf, Baby Bathrobe, Baby Hat with Button Band)
All the information you need to get started with knitting is contained in this captivating guide.
Carri Hammett is the original owner of Coldwater Collaborative, a gem of a yarn shop in Excelsior, Minnesota. Carri loves to collaborate with both her customers and her readers as together they express their love of knitting and expand their knitting knowledge and skill. She is the author of Mittens and Hats for Yarn Lovers; Scarves and Shawls for Yarn Lovers; Ready, Set, Knit Cables; and Knitting 101.