An essential illustrated reference for both beginner and advanced potters, The Potter’s Bible features step-by-step photographic sequences to guide you through a comprehensive range of techniques.
Begin making beautiful ceramics, even if you’ve never attempted pottery before, following detailed information about:
- Essential tools and studio equipment
- Different types and constituencies of clay – including earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, and raku
- Forming methods – including pinching, coiling, slabbing, press molding, throwing, and trimming
- Adding texture and patterns – with techniques such as sgraffito, stamping, inlaying, and burnishing
- Painting and printing – using slip, banding and combing, resists, and underglazes
- Glazes and post-firing techniques – including salt and soda glazes, lusters, and metal leaf
- Essential technical resources – such as glaze recipes, types of kilns and firings, and health and safety tips
This 192-page hardcover book with internal wire-o binding is 6.5 × 8 inches, a perfect size for you to keep handy and reference often. A glossary at the back defines important terms.
With its combination of practical advice, exciting images, and inspirational ideas, this book is a must-have for all potters at any stage of their career.