En Plein Air: Watercolor introduces beginning artists and fine-art enthusiasts to the core concepts of painting on location. This guide will have you fully prepared for a day of painting outdoors. Inside, you'll find:
- A comprehensive list of what to pack to maximize your time
- How to choose a subject and interpret it for a composition
- How to deal with the challenges of shadows and shifting natural light
- A review of color theory and color mixing
- Tips and techniques for honing your watercolor skills and developing your artistic voice
Painting outdoors is a rewarding, peaceful experience full of joy, adventure, and persistence. Let the En Plein Air series guide you in your artistic travels as you explore this daring and expressive method of painting, wherever you may be.
Also available from the series:En Plein Air: Acrylic and En Plein Air: Light & Color.
Ron Stocke is an American watercolorist who lives and paints in the Pacific Northwest. His award-winning paintings have been published in several international publications and on products throughout North America. A signature member of the American Watercolor Society, the National Watercolor Society, and the Northwest Watercolor Society, and an elected member of the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour, Ron paints, writes, and teaches workshops throughout North America and Europe. Learn more at ronstocke.com.