Covering more than 100 techniques and mediums for drawing, painting, and mixed media, The Everything Art Handbook is an all-inclusive, go-to resource for artists of all skill levels.
A refreshing, accessible compendium of art materials and techniques, The Everything Art Handbook is the perfect all-inclusive resource for beginning artists wanting to experiment and play with a variety of art mediums and techniques.
The Everything Art Handbook is divided into sections focusing on different types of mediums and art concepts. Each section includes a basic overview of the topic, instructions for selecting and working with the right tools and materials, step-by-step sample artwork, and helpful sidebars with advice from professional artists.
Expand and refresh your artistic skills with these and more topics:
- Getting started, including how to set up a studio and where to find inspiration
- Art fundamentals, such as value and light, perspective, and composition
- Color basics, including complementary colors, primaries, secondaries, and neutrals
- Drawing techniques for working with graphite, charcoal, colored pencil, pastel, pen and ink, and more
- Painting techniques for working with oil, acrylic, and watercolor
- Mixed media tools and techniques, including stamping, encaustics, and textures
Using clear, informative explanations for achieving the best results, The Everything Art Handbook is an approachable reference guide for contemporary artists of any skill level.
Founded in 1922 by artist Walter T. Foster, Walter Foster Publishing, an imprint of The Quarto Group, is the world's leading publisher of instructional art books and kits for adults and children. Walter Foster's diverse selection of drawing, painting, doodling, and mixed media art books and kits have created a foundation for millions of beginning, intermediate, and advanced artists looking to hone their talents, learn new techniques, and discover different mediums. From color mixing recipes and art tools to the fundamentals of drawing and painting, Walter Foster's books cover a wide variety of topics and mediums across a broad spectrum of traditional and eclectic subject matter for artists of all skill levels. Walter Foster Publishing continues to expand its offerings every year, producing cutting-edge art-instruction books and kits for a worldwide audience.